Tuesday, February 17, 2009

good morning!



I woke up this morning sure I'd vomit. Luckily the feeling only lasted about 10 minutes and then I was fine. I've felt ok most of the day, which is a big improvement. I hope this continues and I just keep feeling more like myself again. I have a fear that I'm going to lose touch with all my friends and family because I always feel sick and I seldom feel like talking on the phone or going out. I'm sure everyone will understand though, that I'm going through a really hard time, albeit exciting. So, what's been up lately? I'm in the 11th week of the pregnancy. 1.5 more weeks and I'll officially be in the 2nd trimester. One down, 2 to go! I've noticed an enlargement in my belly area just in the last few days. Unfortunately, my belly has been larger than it should be for many years, but I can tell this is different... this is due to the pregnancy. I guess it's my uterus getting bigger because the baby is only like 2 inches tall and wouldn't cause a bulge yet. Haha... the baby is about 2 inches tall probably - I'll bet it's pretty cute at this point. I think "it" even looks like a baby more now, rather than a shrimp or a little alien.
So, I've been having insane dreams lately. Some scary, some plain weird. The weirdest one to date is a breastfeeding dream. I dreams that my boobs didn't produce milk. Instead, I had to mush up some food, in this case bananas, and open up my boob from the side and put the mushed up banana inside my boob. Then the baby would eat the mushed up banana, rather than gettting milk. I then had to take a shower (in the dream) in order to clean the excess banana out of the inside of my boob. In the dream I thought, "wow... if I had known breastfeeding would be like this I would never have done it." Weird, right?
Speaking of boobs, mine continue to get annoyingly bigger and painful. I'm wondering when that is going to stop. I mean, come on, they are big enough! Grrrr...
What else is going on? I'm trying to work out a trip to Cinci from May 14th to the 18th. Why so short? Well... to give John as many PTO days as possible for after the baby is born. He only has 12 days of pto for the rest of this year. If he takes 3 for our may trip, then he'll have 9 for after baby is born... That's not including the fact that we might go to Cinci for Christmas this year. I want my family to meet the baby, and I'm not so sure they will fly here to meet him or her. This way, we can bring her (or him) to them and they can all meet at once. Plus, the whole family will be together for Christmas, which would be nice!
Aside from pregnancy stuff, it's been raining like crazy! It's gloomy everyday. Yesterday there was a small window of sunshine. It was great, but short. Soon, though, it will be sunny daily for months on end. I look forward to that thoroughly. The cloudy gloomy rainy days can get to me after a while, especially combined with waking up after crazy weird dreams, feeling crappy, and kind of lonely a lot of days. I'm just grateful for Bella. I think I'd be too lonely if not for her. She keeps me company. She's an awesome dog.
Friday I'm taking Mary to see Celine Dion in San Jose. I hope I feel good that night. It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment